January 2019 – Current – Global Business Development and Strategy Lead
Part of the Follett International executive leadership team managing 45 staff around the world that deliver over $30m annual revenue as part of a Follett’s $800m K12 business. Responsible for building and implementing Follett’s print and digital content sales strategy for high growth opportunities and acquisitions in international markets:
• High level business development opportunities for Follett International – potential for $70m in growth
• Responsible for setup and management of Follett Educational Aid Trading LLC business to deliver multi-million annual sales in the UAE for HMH print and digital textbook sales in 2019
• Opening new opportunities and markets to grow core and new business opportunities across Asia and Middle East
• Focused on Ministry, State and large B2B partners
• Content and publisher partnership development to open new markets
April 2014 - January 2019 - Contract - Senior International Strategy Consultant
Eduvation provide strategic support to Follett international in developing market research and business plans for growth in Emerging Markets across the world in the PreK-12 market sector, specifically looking at International Private schools serving expatriate and local children.
The project focuses on how to increase the sales of core Follett software and services for Library management, print and eBook and Digital Content sales.
Eduvation are well placed to engage the UK Publishing industry and increase Follett's content services to include digital content from leading UK publishers and shape the future of how schools utilise and access learning materials in the future.
• Growth of British International Schools business from $800,000 to $2.8m over 4 years
• Winning and management International Baccalaureate Publishing contract as exclusive distributor and major IB partner leading to direct annual sales of circa $3m
• Indirect management and support for the Follett International Sales and Marketing Team across 4 teams in Europe, Middle East, Asia and Latam with strategic input to regional structures and goals
• Annual growth across the Follett International circa 8% CAGR
Sept 2012 - March 2014 - Contract - Business Development Consultant
As Business Development Consultants Eduvation supported Follett International in the implementation and planning for Follett to enter the UK Management Information System (MIS) market with the Aspen MIS system.
The objective of the contract was to manage UK resale partners and provide a detailed investigation into the UK market with the creation of a comprehensive business plan for Follett to enter the UK market with the possibility to build and manage a UK organisation if we were successful in winning a major bid.
Eduvation provided services to manage partner strategy and work directly with Schools, LA's and Partners to open up and develop the UK market for Follett’s Aspen Management Information System (MIS) and Learning Platform in the K12 schools sector. Follett are a $2.8 billion US based business and Aspen now has over 1 million international users.
The key functions include:
- Complete 5-year business plan and financial modelling for a full business operation including UK structure, management, service, sales and marketing operations.
- Partner management (Multiple Technical and Strategic Partners and Resellers including British Telecom and Novatia plc)
- Sales planning and execution
- End-to-end bid management for multi-million £ bids
- Brand and marketing development including, website, awards, social media and print
- Strategic business planning and consultation
- Product management
- Building key relationships with industry influencers and customers and in opening up the UK market to Follett
- Shortlisting Aspen for BETT Award in 2013 (Aspen MIS) and 2014 (Aspen Mobile)